mandag 19. september 2011

Austin

Was across to Austin for a couple of day, just great city to visit, have seen the local Capitol Hill on the local news but not in real and it was impressive.

Also the visit to some of the restaurants, we had brunch at a place with a great back yard, the name of the place I am not sure if I remember correct, but something like Old Pecan Street Cafe. Tried to look up at Google Earth but for a change I could not find what I was looking for and…I did not take a picture as I did at Chez Nous.

I am sure, when we get back to Austin that we will be back to both places to eat, if it is Sunday we will have brunch and I get my Bloody Mary and Egg Benedict.

At Chez Nous we had some fantastic cooked trout. The pate we had as starter just melted on out tongue in addition to the desert as well as the rose wine we had.

It was too late for coffee so a glass of Pineau Francois to round off a good dinner. It was new for us and something between cognac and amaretto. Not the same alcohol content, but not far off, loved it.

When Laila was in meeting today I could enjoy some great local pancake recommended but the waitress, and it hold, with blueberry it was the best pancakes in US for until now, not firm just could as I enjoy them, melt on my tongue.

Will be back to Red River Café and have more of them, good luck to the waitress just has few months until she finish her studies. She had been to Uppsala in Sweden and wanted to see the famous Pulpit Rock wish her a great stay in Norway when she manages to get there.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar