onsdag 13. juli 2011

Next stop Solvang

It was sad to leave  ”our” chef and his family, but our vacation continued with a 220 mile drive to Solvang near Santa Barbara.


First it was a new wonderful breakfast and recommendation on the road from the innkeeper.


I did not manage to take a picture of it myself but we saw the HOLLIWOOD sign at the hills over LA. Must say even I been to LA many times, it was the first time I have seen the sign, just as we entered 101.

A short 5 hours drive and we was at Mirabelle Inn where we will be located the next 3 nights. (http://www.solvanginns.com/mirabelle_inn.html) If I am not wrong they have a great restaurant there as well that we will try out tomorrow. After we arrived we just had a stroll around in the town to get familiar. Had a late lunch with real Danish bread and for me lobster wrap. Great to have some food related to beck home. For a change I was caught on picture drinking beer, now wine today for me.


It is Wednesday and farmers market in Solvang, very nice and attracted a lot of people. Good organic food was available.


There are many tasting rooms around in Solvang so we needed to get familiar, what we will do later and where we will eat, we take it as it comes.

As long as Laila not threatening to join the Danish army,


and we can keep our secrets as they come.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar