mandag 15. august 2011

Another special day


Special in many ways, first of all who calls me in the middle of the night and cannot understand when they call an American number 2am in the morning there will be no responds just a guy not please waking up.
And so Google to buy Motorola Mobility today,


so now I am in bed with Google then? Must be something good coming out of this when two UD giants put their clever brains together, I have avoided I-Phone and Apple. I may change, but this is the day I will see what will happen.
Money in the market so what will happen next, Microsoft to buy Nokia?


Saturday we was at the Movie again as most Saturdays. This Saturday it was “The Help” we wanted to watch. Laila had read the book, and looked forward to see the movie. I did not know too much about it, but a lot of advertising gave me an understanding what I could expect.
What I did not expect was my thoughts after the movie. The Help is about  African American Maids working in white households in Jackson, Mississippi during the early 1960’s.


The novel is told from the point of view of three narrators: Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children, and who has recently lost her only son; Minny Jackson, an African-American maid whose back-talk towards her employers results in her having to frequently change jobs, exacerbating her desperate need for work as well as her family's struggle with money; and Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan, a young white woman and recent college graduate who, after moving back home, discovers that a maid that helped raise her since childhood has abruptly disappeared and her attempts to find her have come to naught. The stories of the three women intertwine to explain how life in Jackson, Mississippi revolves around "the help", with complex relations of power, money, emotion, and intimacy tying together the white and black families of Jackson.


So what was my thoughts after the movie, sitting there as the movie was finished I was thinking about I was now in the near area (southern part of the US) where this happened. How the African American women were treated and it is just 50 years and less since it happened. Is it still happening? I don’t think so, but still this region is ultra conservative and it is shown with the local Texan Governor Rick Perry now going to be in the race to be the next Republicans Presidential candidate. I will stay away to comment more on the local politic as my cultural differences crash a bit with what I see and hear around here.


I better focus on Bloomberg news and listen to the comments on Google buying Motorola and looking for any company that will invest in Innowind so we can prove our innovation to the world.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar