tirsdag 9. august 2011

Back in the HEAT, 20 days with 100F or above

After 3 weeks on a road trip with temperature in California max at 85F we are now back in Houston with 100F+ and the forecast looks like it will be like this the next 7 days or so.
The “normal” is 5 days a year with temperature above 100, and max amount of days was back in 1980 with 32 days, so I am sure we now looking to take that record, counting each day.

For those who still have vacation left, it is possible to get across to this area and a lot to see.
I had some plans to visit Stavanger soon, but must say other than the birthdays to my grandchildren, weather and temperature across there is not tempting at all. In addition I have my driving test for the local Texas driving license to come up at the 24th. Must improve on my stop with stop signs and have a look at the parking spot where they do the parking “test”. But after 5000 miles road trip without ticket I should manage.

It is also time for football soon, American football. Training camps and training games are lined up. How the Texans will do this season remain to see, I am a bit confused looking at a picture from their training camp at KHOU.com.

End of the month I have been invited to a Baseball game. Not my game, but it would be fun to learn more about it. It is Houston Astros v.s. Pittburgh Pirats that is up. I have noticed that the results from the Astros games have not been the best, hope they do better on this game.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar