tirsdag 4. januar 2011

Things I maybe miss….

Yesterday evening I did one of the things I have done over the last 25 years or so with pleasure as well some pain.
I am lucky, have 3 wonderful daughters and they all love figure skating. The two oldest once even headed to Sweden after High School to skate with a Swedish team in synchronized figure skating. So being the dad that I always have been, it is driving, freezing at he rink, pick up and bring them home. Yes I am sure it will be one of the last times for some time now.
However, It is great to see them still enjoy the skating. It hurt in the legs, but now when the local figure skating club has new facilities with an ice rink that contain both ordinary skating, curling, ice hockey and figure skating with room for everybody, then I love to see the smiling faces when I picked them up yesterday and know they will enjoy themselves even I am not around to pick them up or drive them during the winter season.
In addition I will congratulate the local commune with what they have done and the committee behind that managed to have this great place organized, I know my daughters and their kids will enjoy it and I do knowing they do.
By the way, I got hockey skates, Christmas present from my daughters once, I will not bring them along to Houston even I would love to watch both figure skating and a hockey game when I am there.

1 kommentar:

  1. Skip Houston and join us for some figureskating instead;-D hihi

    SvarSlett